A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Still Cooking Away

I've had several days worth of contractions, but nothing steady and nothing very painful. I guess it's what they call "false labor." At times, it's enough to keep me awake at night and at other times, I'll go hours and hours without a single contraction. So, we wait.

We had our first post-due test yesterday. All was fine. The baby was very active and my fluid levels looked fine. I guess that's good, but Ian and I were sort of hoping they would offer us an induction right then. We are ready to get this show on the road!

But if nothing happens this week, we'll most likely be induced next Saturday. For starters, our doctor is on call that day. Secondly, that will already be 10 days late, which is late enough in my book. And Ian is the best man in a wedding on the 22nd, and we'd like to be home from the hospital and at least slightly settled in before he goes to the rehearsal and dinner on the 20th and the wedding on the 22nd. I was hoping to go too, but we'll see how things go on the baby dropping front.

That's all we have to report! In the meantime, we are enjoying quiet family days at home. Lovely.


No comments:

Post a Comment