A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Baking/Nesting

I can't tell if it's the pregnancy nesting or just my regular love for baking/cooking/trying new recipes, but I spent a lot of today in the kitchen. How glorious! I had the windows open, the sliding glass door open and while I baked, I watched Ruthie roam around the backyard. It was beautiful. Did I mention it's 75 here today? =)

I have a new granola recipe that I use all the time now. It's called Clump Granola, because, well, it's clumpy, and while I do love clumpy granola, what I really love about this recipe lies in two other facets: (1) It is made using one bowl and (2) it involves no stirring. You may remember from a previous post that it is best if I avoid having to stir. And one bowl? It means that I can make this granola and clean it up in about 7 minutes. That's pretty great, if you ask me.

You just whisk together the oils, sugars, salt and vanilla.
Then you pour in all the dry ingredients (the flaky stuff on top is wheat germ because I'm trying to grow a genius, while I'm doing all this baking).
Then spread it flat onto your pan and bake. It comes up in about four large pieces, which you then break into however many clumps you want. Easy-peasy!
My finished product...
I also made Peanut Butter Banana Bread, because at Mary's new house she has a...a...well, we don't know exactly what kind of tree it is. What do these look like to you?
They aren't exactly bananas, but they aren't plantains either. If anyone out there knows, please tell! But aren't they cute? Here they are, before I mashed them up.
And here is the finished bread. Yummy!
Happy Monday to you, whatever you're doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment