A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, August 17, 2012

A Trip to Best Buy

Last weekend, we took a trip as a family to Best Buy. I needed to buy a laptop and instead of doing my usual (which is scan Craigslist for something cheap), I thought it best to buy a new one. (And when I say I thought it best, what I really mean is that Ian wanted me to, since he thinks all computers on Craigslist are stolen.) Anyway, we went in there, knowing we wanted to buy a pretty inexpensive HP. I had an HP for my consulting work and just recently, my company needed it back. Something about another consultant needing it more - apparently, I'm not as important as I might have thought. 

Moving on.

So while we're wading through all the needless paperwork, Ian starts to walk around with Ruthie. He's gone for about five minutes, then comes back over and when sees that I'm still waiting, he says, "I'm off to look at the giant TVs." Okay, no big deal, I'm thinking.

Finally, I finish up and we get out of Best Buy. While we're in the parking lot, he says to me, "How many inches do you think our TV is?" Oh dear. "I don't know...why? Our TV is fine." "Yes," he says. "But someday it won't be." 

When we get home and I'm opening up the laptop, I see him go over to our entertainment center with the measuring tape. Oy vey. Then he proceeds to give me a run down of the largest possible TV that we could fit in our entertainment center, as he knows I like our center and don't want a wall mounted TV. Apparently, we can get a TV that's 42 inches. Hooray for us. 

Moral of this story? Don't go into Best Buy with your husband. Like, ever. 

But don't worry - I've got faith that our TV will last about another decade or two, considering it's already come this far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment