A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Making Ruthie's Food

In keeping with my frugal tendencies, I am making all of Ruthie's food. So far, she's just had bananas, rice cereal (which I'm not making, thankyouverymuch - that stuff is cheap!) and avocados, which don't require any cooking. But another new mom and I are each making big batches of different fruits and vegetables and then swapping them. So far, I have cooked and then pureed huge quantities of plums, apricots, peas, and zucchini (from our garden!), and have gotten from my friend pears, carrots and yams. I literally have a month's worth of food in my freezer in the garage (oh, by the way, we got a small freezer in the garage - I really feel like a grown up now!). It's great, having this food co-op, and since I like cooking, I don't mind making the food. Ruthie's not a big fan of the food processor, but she's a big help in the Bjorn while I'm doing it. =)

 Anyway, here is a HUGE batch of peas, which I froze in two ice cube trays.
Since I still had peas left over, I then froze two portions worth (for when she's bigger) in Dixie cups and put those in the freezer too. So handy!
After the peas, our house really stank, but hopefully she'll love peas and eat them right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment