A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Surviving the Plague, Time with Friends

I'm back! After a terrible case of strep throat, which I barely survived, I'm back to the blog and able to report that I am a huge believer in anti-biotics. When you open your mouth to find that your tonsils are touching each other and covered in fuzzy white patches, it's enough to make you lay on your couch and cry (which I did). It's also enough to make you call in sick for two days (which I did) and run to the doctor (which I also did). But after 8 days (and two more to go) on antibiotics, I am my old self again. Thanks goodness for Alexander Fleming and his brilliant discovery!

Anyway, I was thankful to survive the plague and feel better enough to join my four closest college friends for a reunion at Huntington Beach. It's a great story, actually. The five of us met our first week of college at Biola, almost exactly 10 years ago. One of them was my randomly assigned roommate, one lived directly across the hall from us and the other two lived at the other end of the hall (though not together). Who's to say exactly what drew us together, but here we are, ten years later, still friends. We felt it was high time for a reunion, since we haven't all been together, when it wasn't some one's wedding, in a REALLY long time. And weddings don't really count as a full reunion, since someone is the bride and she isn't around as much. With that in mind, at the last girl's wedding in April, we decided we just had to schedule an official reunion. In college, we called our selves The Posse, so The Posse Reunion was planned for October 21-24.

We split the tickets to fly the two out of state girls in town and we had the best three days at our family's little place in Huntington (where the five of us have been MANY times before, both during college and after). We ate at the Sugar Shack (twice), walked on the pier, shopped at the new Forever 21 and talked and talked. It was such a wonderful time with ladies that I love dearly and know me very well.

In addition to lots of talking, we also managed to take a few pictures. We're silly, but we love it!

Every looking happy and nice. From L to R, it's Jess, Sarah S., Tali, Me and Sarah T.
This one is our first attempt at the "confused, what's happening look." Sarah T. had a hard time holding it together, which made me have a hard time holding it together!

Success!

And a victory picture for the brilliance of our photo shoot.

I love you ladies! And thanks, Sarah S., for sending me the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment