A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, October 8, 2010

It's Almost the Weekend

Is there anything better than Friday, late in the afternoon, when the weekend is just minutes from starting? I submit that there is not! (Name that comedian.)

This weekend, Ian's parents are coming in town for the 2nd go at a new tradition of long family walks. Last March, we walked a half marathon on a course my father-in-law created in Downtown San Diego. Tomorrow, we are walking a 9 mile route that Ian and I created in Downtown , along the waterfront and into the Historic homes of Long Beach. The weather should be nice and the company great, so we're looking forward to a fun time.

Then Sunday afternoon, we're off to the Pumpkin Patch with my sister, Mary, and her family and Ian's sister, Heather, and her family. Should be very fun, especially watching Sam in the petting zoo and on the giant slide.

Aren't weekends the greatest? I wish it could always be the weekend. Though I suppose we wouldn't feel that way about it if that were the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment