A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, September 3, 2010

So Excited for a Birthday That's Not Mine

Monday is Ian's birthday. As always, I'm WAY more excited about it than he is. I love birthdays and I love thinking of ways to show Ian that I love him. We've got lots of fun plans for the weekend and I can't wait. I'm also really excited about the presents I found for him and hopeful that he likes them.

So, here are the big 3-Day, Birthday Weekend plans:

Saturday:
Riding our bikes to the Aquarium, going to the Yard House for lunch, then taking the Metro back. The Metro is now one of Ian's favorite things, as he takes it to work everyday and has discovered that unlike when he's sitting in traffic in his truck, he can read while he commutes!

After all that fun, we're headed out to Sam's birthday party at the Pirate Park, which also promises to be great!

Sunday:
Church, naturally, and then to see a movie. This was the original plan to celebrate his birthday, as we rarely see movies in the theatre. The Aquarium plan came as an afterthought because we have free tickets. Anyway, after the movie, we're off to dinner at La'Creperie, a great romantic place on 2nd Street, with beer that Ian loves.

Monday:
Having the whole family over! It will be the first time that my whole family comes over at one time (we're also celebrating Sheila and Eric's birthdays), and with Ian's sister and her family coming as well, it should be a great time! I got a little pool for the kids, we'll grill and eat lots of chips (another Ian favorite) and have a super fun time. I really can't wait. Well, I can wait, but I'm very excited!

I will try to take a picture or two, so as not to lose the interest of my faithful readers, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment