A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What Is That?

So Ian and I are laying in bed the other night and he moves to put his arm around me, as we're facing each other. I feel him rub my side a little and then ask, "What is that?"

"That, my love, is my rib."

Apparently, it's been such a long time since my ribs made an appearance at anything that Ian had forgotten what they felt like. Sigh.

I'll admit it though - I feel anxious about losing the baby weight. When we first got home from the hospital, I weighed myself out of morbid curiosity. I was down 25 pounds. I was shocked! Who would have thought 25 pounds could come off like that! Just goes to show how much water weight I was carrying around.

(In full disclosure, since we're already talking pretty frankly about my weight, I will admit to the total weight gain - 37 pounds. More than I wanted, for sure, but not horrendous. In my defence, I was 11 days late (will she ever not mention being 11 days late?!) and 4 of those pounds came in those last two weeks. Now, I'm sure it was all water, but there you have it nonetheless.)

Back to my anxiety about losing the weight. I started this pregnancy heavier than I would have preferred, so not only do I have the baby weight to lose (about 12 more pounds, according to my home scale) but then I've got the rest I'd like to lose to get down to a size where I feel more myself. And frankly, it's a daunting task.

I know, I know, they say you shouldn't start worrying about the weight until you're 6 weeks postpartum and in my mind I'm trying to do that. And truthfully, if this blog had a camera, you would see that I have a bowl of corn nuts next to me as I type. Is that the snack of a person who is really concerned about her weight? Ah well. I guess my choices and my goals will line up eventually and I'll get back down to a manageable weight.

In the meantime, let's see what other bones return that Ian forgot existed...

No comments:

Post a Comment