A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, January 7, 2012

What Do We Do At Home These Days?

Truth be told, not too much. Basically, we sit around and stare at Ruthie. And quite frequently, we take a picture of whatever amazing thing she's doing. If you scroll through these photos, I'm sure you'll agree that she is the cutest little bug-a-boo that ever lived! (By the way, sorry for the cleavage in this first one - it's hard to avoid these days.) I really think blue is her color!

This is a hand-me-down play mat from David and Gina's family, which I think they got from another family. Don't you love reusing stuff? And clearly, Ruthie is fascinated. We call these black, red and white toys her "friends" and she goes to see them every day. Too bad her visits are only about 2 minutes long. But it's a start!
And here is Mommy and Ruthie. She definitely has my hair color (at least for now) but she is VERY fair skinned. My mom calls her Snow White.
Ahhh, my family. Notice Ruthie's grumpy face. I ask you - how could you be unhappy when you are were a pink polka dot outfit and that handsome man is holding you?
And we do a lot of this - laying around, looking at Ruthie. She's just so interesting. =) I guess you could say we have a classic case of the new parents syndrome. But that seems to be just the way God intended it to be.
That's all we have for now. The little lady sleeps, so I must do the same.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this looks like fun! I heard Ruthie made an appearance at church yesterday, I was so bummed to miss her!!! But I'll be seeing her soon when I bring dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw you (in your super cute dress!) but didn't have a chance to get your attention before 2nd service started. But we look forward to seeing you soon when you bring dinner. Thanks friend!

    ReplyDelete