A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Come to This

Ian came home from work the other day to this:

He looked at the zip lock bag, drying on our paper towel holder, and said to me, "It's come to this, huh?"

Yes, my love, it's come to this. I have taken a vow of frugality and it has infiltrated every area of our lives.* I have stooped to drying zip lock bags so we can reuse them. Bless my poor husband's soul, he didn't do more than shrug his shoulders. He seems to be accepting my new frugal trend as best as can be expected.

When I start air drying the paper towels and reusing those, then I think some intervention is necessary. Until then, I am actually enjoying finding lots of little ways to save money and live within our one salary means.

Any advice out there for me in other ways to save?

*Well, maybe not every area. I was talking the other day about how I need some new brown boots. No, truly, I need them. I think my feet stretched a tiny bit in pregnancy because my current brown boots are uncomfortable now. See? I'm justified. =)

2 comments:

  1. I re-use plastic bags, too, but for environmental reasons. Remember that plastic island bigger than Texas in the Pacific? It just seems so wasteful, especially if the bag isn't that dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard that was a wives' tale - is that really true?

    ReplyDelete