A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Last Week It Was 100 Degrees

September is usually a hot month of us, but this past week was particularly brutal. I was VERY thankful we had fixed our AC last fall and believe you me, I ran it without guilt.

Well, maybe there was a little guilt, because each day during the hot spell, I tried to do something with the kids out of the house, so I didn't have to turn the AC on until nap time. One day we went to the Aquarium, one day we went to my parents, and one day, we went to Mother's Beach. I love Mother's Beach because there are no waves and it's not crowded and I can easily watch both my kids by myself. 

On this day, the kids and I went pretty much first thing in the morning, and then Mary's kids joined us around lunch time. 

We did a lot of this: 


And this:
And I really enjoyed seeing those buns peaking out of his big boy swimsuit:
Here's a shot of Ruthie that also gives you a good idea of the beach. It's perfect, the water feels great (I pretty much laid in the water that whole day), and we love going there. 
Hopefully your fall is a little cooler than ours (and actually, this weekend has been lovely so far) but if not, I hope you have a Mother's Beach of your own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment