A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dart Casualties

Ian and I played a rip-roaring game of darts last night. We have a board hung up on our back patio, a lovely spot to retreat to in the evening when it's been a hot day. Anyway, I made a not so great throw and took out one of our hanging lights, popping it and sending sparks flying (at least the glass bulb didn't break); and then that errant dart hurtled toward the grass, landing in the hose. What are the chances? I cant' hit a big round board but I can hit a thin hose? 

As I walked over to pick it up, I said to Ian, "It's stuck in the hose. Maybe it didn't puncture it all the way." I was just getting "way" out of my mouth as I bent down to pull it out. What I didn't realize is that the hose was on, so water shot right in my face. Guess that answers that question.

So now we need to buy a replacement bulb and a new hose. Sheesh. It was just supposed to be a friendly game of darts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment