A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Saturday, December 8, 2012

This Girl Loves Her Food

I can see now how mooches are made. I'm not gonna lie, I used to judge. But it has become so clear to me since Ruthie started eating pretty much everything. She looks up at me, makes a darling face, and I give in, and give her a bite of my grapefruit. Just one bite. But then the next day, as I'm having my traditional morning cake (it's a thing, I promise), she does it again, fully expecting the same results. Except I don't want her to eat cake yet. But she begs and begs. This is how mooches are made, going from family member to family member, begging little bites. And they are so hard to refuse!! When it is a niece or nephew, I don't really even try. But you will be pleased to know I stood ground and did not give her any cake. She is just going to have to wait for her birthday for that treat.

But man, does she enjoy the food she is allowed to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment