A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween!

I hope everyone had a happy Halloween. We did, though it was very busy since I was organizing the carnival for our church. And I'm not talking a few people wandering around making wreaths and drinking cider (though that does sort of sound nice). I'm talking 4,000 people, 300 volunteers, 7 huge inflatables, 14 carnival style games, a whole list of food, more than a ton of candy and a live DJ, playing Thriller, because what else do you play on Halloween?

Anyway, my mom watched Ruthie all day and when Ian got home they feed her, got her in her costume and brought her to the carnival. She loved looking at all the people and hearing the music. This girl really does love getting out at night. Too bad for her that her bed time is 7:30.

I digress.

Here is the whole fam, dressed as Waldo, Wenda and Wendy. (Those are real people; okay, Waldo and Wenda are real - we made up Wendy.)

2 comments: