A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, July 19, 2010

Why am I starting a blog?

Why am I starting a blog? I've thought it about it for a long time. I frequently read other people's blogs, even people I don't know. Why? Because I like to read, because I want to stay involved with my friends' lives, because I like to hear other people process and because I like to take a break from work.

But why am I starting my own?

Well, on this particular Monday, I feel listless and blue. In the spirit of my usual cheerfulness, I'm sure it's nothing serious. But today, as I sit at a computer for 8 hours, I wonder about my purpose these days. What am I doing? What should I be doing? What if I am doing just what I should be - is this what that feels like? How will I know if I'm "being about" what I should be about? Faced with these questions, I thought having a creative outlet, a place to muse if you will, might help.

On the one hand, I've never been happier - being married to Ian is wonderful, I love our house, we feel really happy at our church, our family is overflowing with the blessing of babies, and Ian and I are both healthy. On the other hand, life feels a little monotonous.

Does this mean I should shake things up? Or wait for God to shake things up? Or just carry on, waiting (for what?), trusting, seeing the blessings that are so evident in my life.

Hmm, I didn't really intend for my first blog to be so serious, but my mood today prompted its inception, so I guess that makes sense.

The experiment has begun - we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment