A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Guacamole!

Our tree has hundreds of avocados right now - buttery, smooth, rich avocados. So, we've had lots of guacamole. Ruthie has always been a fan of "mocky-moly" and now Jonah is on the band wagon, too. You can't totally see it in this picture, but he has it coming out of his nose. He ate it straight off the spoon.

To go with the guac, I tried a new recipe for homemade taquitos, which I have to say turned out delicious. But I'm realizing that I need some uses for the avocados besides guacamole. It's yummy, and all, but before our fruiting season is over, we will be sick of guacamole. Yes, it's true. I didn't think that would ever be possible, but I learned from our crop season last year that it is. So if you've got some good recipes, send 'em my way! And if you haven't gotten any avocados from us yet and you would like some, just say the word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment