A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Few Funny Stories from Mary's Kids

I don't do too much babysitting anymore, with our two kids keeping me pretty busy. But I was able to help out a tiny bit one day last week while Mary and Mike had to work. While I was at their house, I had a conversation with each of their two oldest kids which cracked me up. 

Here's the one from Sam -

Sam - "Aunt Esther, remember last year at family vacation, when we played games on the grass and you told everyone what to do?"

Me - "Yeah, bud, I do."

Sam - "Let's do that again."

I agree, man. A scenario where I'm telling everyone what to do? I'm in. =)

And here's one from Abbie -

Me - "Did you have fun this weekend with your Uncle Ben and Aunt Rebecca in town?"

Abbie - "Yes! Rebecca is my favorite uncle."

Me - "You mean your favorite aunt?"

Abbie - "Oh, yeah, my favorite aunt."

Me - "Hey, what about me?"

Abbie - "Well, you're my favorite Esther."

Wow, thanks. I'll try not to let the fact that I'm the only Esther she knows lessen the impact of that compliment. 

Love those kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment