A Few Good Quotes

"There is something so settled and stodgy about turning a great romance into next of kin on an emergency room form, and something so soothing and special, too." ~ Anna Quindlen

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'" ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Monday, June 25, 2012

Frugal Challenge Update

As I first talked about here and then updated here, I am deep in the throws of a frugal challenge: Use all my existing hair products up before buying anything new. In the original post, dated July 11, 2011, I guessed that given my current stash, I could make it until at least October before making any new purchases. And then my friend Chanda gave me a ton of products that she tried that didn't work with her hair, and in the follow up post, I guessed that it might be more like March or April of 2012.

Well, it's almost July and I am going strong. Sure, I don't "do" my hair as often since I'm home now with Ruthie, but this challenge has really opened my eyes to how much product I actually had and had easy it was for me to just pick up something interesting in the beauty aisle. I mean, seriously? A year? I can't believe how long all these bottles that were 1/3 full have lasted. What if I had kept buying? I shudder to think. It's been a very good experience for me, this frugal challenge, and I am excited to see in what other ways I might be able to save. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. And I'd just like to say that I think your hair hasn't suffered. Still lookin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete